Danish Horse Holstenske

This is the third regiment of Danish horse I have completed, Holstenske.

Image

That’s what I’m talking about!  Red facings against the buff coats really look good.  I’m happy they look pretty good in pictures too.  I think I have something going on red facings.  You’ll see something very red on my painting distractions blog very soon I hope.

Image

I’d also like to call your attention to an excellent website detailing uniforms of Danish regiments during the WSS era: http://www.tacitus.nu/karoliner/armeer/danmark/kavalleri.htm

It looks like the next regiment I am working on, Wurttemberg, should be depicted with green facings.  I have 3 figures done with black facings but I had no idea what to use really, so they’ll be green when you see them, hopefully not too far in the future.

One last shot of Holstenske

Image

 

Advertisements

2nd Jyske

Another one of my almost finished Danish horse units.

Image

Buff is a pretty good color to put all of these facings against I think.  This one doesn’t stand out much in picture or on the table, but it still looks pretty good.  I was a little surprised after I got the pictures up of the previous unit how much the purple screams out from a photo as it’s really not that dramatic in real life.  There is so much to learn about photography.

Image

I have one more almost completed unit to post up, then I need to almost complete the other unit I’ve started.  How I wish someone would make flags for these guys.

Image

I love Front Rank horses.  I love these figs all around actually.  The nice head variants add a lot.  I really like the standing pose also.  Ready for action I guess.

 

Danish Horse

It’s been far too long since I’ve updated the blog.  That reflects it being far too long since I’ve given this project any attention.  Well, I’m working through my backlog of half started things and the Danish horse have come to my attention.  Here is a new regiment:

Image

It’s the 2nd Sjaellandske.  Also listed in some OBATs as Ranzau.  I like the purple facings, although I thought they might be a little more dramatic than they are.

Image

The Danes fielded 8 regiments of horse at Ramillies, and 1 of dragoons.  Each regiment had two squadrons.  This is my third.

Image

I thought I’d posted pictures of the others I have complete, but I don’t, so I’ll correct that in the next few days, giving me reasons to update this blog some more.  And “complete” is a bit of a misnomer for them as I don’t have flags for them.  I thought I had figured out a method to produce my own but have stumbled at that.  Soon perhaps.

I have a 4th regiment on the painting blocks so maybe it will be added to the forces soon also.